Dragon Fin Soup Wiki
Welcome to the Dragon Fin Soup Wiki!
the Dragon Fin Soup Wiki reference written and maintained by the players.
Please feel free to contribute by creating new articles or expanding on existing ones.
We are currently maintaining 262 pages (19 articles).
Grimm Bros is proud to present Dragon Fin Soup: A Tactical Action RPG with rogue-like elements set in a charming, twisted, dark, fairy tale inspired world featuring a 2D top down camera and fluid turn-based movement that allows you to set the pace. The World of Dragon Fin Soup is set on the back of a giant dragon-turtle god called Asura who swims the multiverse of space-time. The player can choose to unravel the tale of your chosen character in Story Mode or embark on a journey to discover the wilds of Asura in Survival Mode.
Dragon Fin Soup seamlessly blends genres to create a fresh experience: half story-driven tactical RPG and half high-stakes roguelike, with a pinch of crass humor and a heaping helping of murder & madness set in a procedurally generated fantasy world. Meet Red Robin - a charming, yet raging alcoholic bounty hunter, who’d rather get into a bar fight than deliver baked goods. Players must take up Robin’s blades and set out across Asura, a lushly colorful fantasy world that sits on the back of an enormous space turtle, on a journey to discover the secrets of her bloody past.
- Beautiful HD World - The world of Dragon Fin Soup is charming, colorful, detailed and designed to look fantastic at multiple HD resolutions and screen sizes. with crafted story quests carefully written and scripted to advance the unfolding tale of your character within the world of Asura.
- Deep Tactical Combat - Combat features multiple tactical elements such as directional damage, various ranged attacks, melee, magic, DOT and AOA. The damage model features blunt, piercing and slashing damage types as well as Elemental Damage, Projectile Damage and defense. You can perform Backstabs, Sneak around and so on. Over 15 equipment slots and dual-wielding feature offer interesting choices of gear combinations.
- Dynamically Generated World - The world of Asura is dynamically generated with a large numbers of prefabricated landmarks, scripted events and random gameplay elements. Our dungeons features a wide range of compelling Locations and layouts for you to explore such as Spider Forests, Ice Caves, Abandoned Mines, Scorching Deserts, Mushroom Forests, Haunted Mansions, Castles, Ancient Ruins and much much more.
- Extensive Crafting and puzzles! While cutting down foes and trees, digging and exploring you will find gazillions of Items that can be used to craft new Gear, Food & Magic Potions with an interactive environment which you can destroy, move or manipulate. Go Fishing or pick up a shovel and dig some holes into the ground, who knows what you may find? There is much to do aside of spilling blood! Rune tracking, Gathering, puzzles, side quests, fishing! Dungeons are loaded with scripted events, Ambushes, Traps and movable blocks!
- NPCs for Hire - Having trouble with a mission or need company? Hire some muscle! Badass Sword specialists, Metal Head Rangers or a dude who will carry your purse are at your service to help you through engaging mission themes such as Escort, Gathering, Retrieval, Raid, Delivery, seek-and-destroy, and Crafting.
- Twisted Characters - In Dragon Fin Soup there are no lame stereotypical heroes. Instead we feature fairy tale inspired characters each with their own deep flaws, witty humor, abilities, and motivations. Our first tale begins with Red Robin, whose dark bloody past has come back to haunt her with a vengeance.